Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Pocatello is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Vogts Heating & Air always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Vogts Heating & Air in Pocatello at 208-621-0129 today.