Having regular air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Pocatello summertime, have the professionals at Vogts Heating & Air perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We suggest taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Vogts Heating & Air today at 208-621-0129.