During the cold Pocatello months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Vogts Heating & Air will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Vogts Heating & Air right away if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Vogts Heating & Air can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Vogts Heating & Air at 208-621-0129 or schedule an appointment with us online.