As warmer weather starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Pocatello? Even if your cooling unit is up-to-date or was cooling just fine last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your unit inspected annually by a Vogts Heating & Air professional can help spot small troubles before they become major meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is installed outside your home, it’s more susceptible to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling an expert to maintain complicated internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up in your equipment can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to increased energy needs—and a more expensive energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the long run, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little problems before they lead to major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely inspect components and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These in-depth measures often allow us to identify problems before they lead to big problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free cooling throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is prepped to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your system is vulnerable to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the following spots and pieces:
- Complete unit state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with Vogts Heating & Air
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Vogts Heating & Air pros a call at 208-621-0129 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.