As we get further in to November and the temperature continues to fall, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter swiftly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when you need to replace your furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 208-621-0129 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t think twice about giving Vogts Heating & Air in Pocatello a call at 208-621-0129. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.