In Pocatello you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace service
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you could have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even produce problems with your furnace’s threshold switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some symptoms for you to search for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a professional, like Vogts Heating & Air, if you see any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem tired? Indications related to your blower could signify a slight problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC experts to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Vogts Heating & Air at 208-621-0129 when you need to setup repairs or annual maintenance.