With warmer temperatures right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can save a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Vogts Heating & Air specialist perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system working efficiently for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working correctly and can identify looming concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Vogts Heating & Air a call at 208-621-0129.